Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Maundy Thursday

Yesterday Jon and I both felt awful--Jon more than me--but we both had serious headaches! I don't know about him, but I KNOW that I didn't drink enough water.  After work, I worked out doing the following routine which I got from Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads by Christine Avanti.  I read this book last fall during the first year of my weight loss/healthy living journey.  I LOVED this book, and I'm now reading (or started reading and will finish after I finish the hunger games, lol) Skinny Chicks Eat Real Food.  I'm not a sales person for Christine, but I thoroughly enjoyed her views on eating REAL food and her concepts are so simple...creating the right portions of a protein/carb/healthy fat at EACH meal to keep you sustained throughout the day.  She offers meal plans and a few workout ideas as well.  Her workouts are "go-to" for me when I don't want to be super creative and just want to get a SOLID workout in that day.  So I'd encourage you to check them out!

I had planned on doing cardio after this, but my body was saying, "NO!" So, I listened.  I headed home and made supper...we had Mac'N Cheese...I know TOTALLY processed, unhealthy food, but this is NOT regular for us, and everything in moderation will NOT kill you!  Along with the Mac'N Cheese I made some super tasty (and SUPER easy) asparagus...it was so yummy I didn't even have time to THINK about taking a picture.  I didn't feel like firing up the grill as it was chilly outside, so here's what I did:

SUPER EASY ASPARAGUS


1 Bunch Asparagus
1-2 Tablespoons EVOO
Pinch Ground Sea Salt/Pepper (if you have it)


I preheated the oven to 400 degrees, laid a piece of aluminum foil on the baking sheet, spread out the asparagus, drizzled it with the EVOO, salt, and pepper, and baked for 20 minutes.  You can bake it however long you'd like from about 12-20 minutes depending how crunchy you like it.  You can always add garlic or parmesan cheese but I felt like K.I.S.S. (keepin' it simple, stupid).  


I rented "In the Land of Blood and Honey," but we were both too tired, so we cuddled up with our baby and got some rest!



I woke up this morning feeling SUPER tired so decided that I needed to make SURE I started my morning off with the right food!



 Ever since I nannied last summer for a couple who was from England and Australia, I've loved a good cuppa tea :)  I'll drink anything, but OOGLE over a good Earl Grey or English Breakfast tea.

I've always loved yogurt...and usually buy the plain (less sugar) and add flavors with fruit, nuts, granola, and/or honey, BUT, at work (I'm spoiled to have healthy snacks), they've been buying the yogurt above. I. AM. HOOKED.

I'd like to add a "Best Surprise Today" every once in awhile to my blog...and today's was finding this in my purse:


You might ask, "An egg?"  No, No, No!!!


Only some of my FAVORITE chapstick that I thought had been lost forever...Evolution of Smooth.  Try it out :)


It is Maundy Thursday, (or the day to remember when Jesus washed feet and the Last Supper took place), so after a quick run on the treadmill after work, we're making Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries for supper,YUMMMM (Check the recipage for the recipes tonight, followed by church!


I'll leave you with these verses for today:

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise
on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."
~Matthew 5:44-45



It can be SO hard to do this, especially when you're filled with anger, rage, or bitterness, but it IS Easter week, and let's remember how much our Lord loved US when he gave up HIS life on the cross despite all of OUR sins.  2 Timothy 1:7 says this:


"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of LOVE, and of a sound mind."










No comments:

Post a Comment