Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!

First of all, I have to apologize for the pictures in this post.  I forgot my camera so I used my phone--it seems to take decent photos but almost always leaves a weird glare!

Yesterday morning I spent three hours doing work on this blog...I'm just starting out and trying to learn as much as I can...so yes, three hours.  As I was almost finished with my project, my cute little baby hopped up on my lap and managed to exit out of everything I had been working on...with NONE of the changes saved!!! You can only imagine my frustration.  Lesson learned.

I hurried off to meet a friend from work at Forever 21.  This was my first girl's day since Jon's Grandparents visited to drop off our car two days after we moved here.  PTL, because I needed it! Something about girl talk and shopping always revives my soul :)  After a purchase of a new dress coat--only $32--and a basic ivory scarf, I headed back to meet up with Jon.

It's not unusual for us to take a drive on the weekends...and it's even LESS unusual that my husband has been found searching for places to go check out any sort of hunting, fishing, or outdoor gear.  Off to Vacaville we went.

It's been raining and gloomy here the entire week

We ended up at a random sporting goods store, Jon found his next big purchase, as well as a new friend.

The exploding zombie target

We headed to the outlet mall to take advantage of an extra 30% off your entire purchase at Banana Republic--I canNOT pass up this deal! I got a craving for sweets on the way, and had read that chewing Extra Dessert Delights was a good trick to satisfy my sweet tooth.  So, I gave it a shot.

Strawberry Shortcake
It was quite tasty and even though it wasn't the longest lasting flavor, it definitely did the trick. I'd recommend you give it a shot!

To celebrate St. Patty's Day, we headed home, changed quick, and went to deVere's Irish Pub in Davis.  

 We started out with a shot of Jameson thanks to the bartender.  My first time ever...I give it a thumbs up!
 The usual...Bud Light.
 Changed it up for a Stella Artois...one of my new favorites.

Finished the night off with an Irish classic Grilled Cheese and traditional chips.  YUM.
You can read more about how we would rate deVere's here.

Hope you all had a great St. Patty's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment