Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Swollen Glands

Although the weather is finally getting warmer here (I got sick of hearing how NICE it was in Iowa...where it's supposed to be colder than here!!), I think that I'm going to be UNDER the weather soon :( I have a gland swollen to the size of a quarter and I can tell that my body is fighting something off! Jon hasn't been feeling 100% lately either so I'm hoping we both start feeling better soon. Despite feeling a bit less than normal, I still went for a 20 minute run outside (following a trip to TRADER JOE'S) last night. I had to take advantage of the sunny skies! After, I made a run to RedBox and picked up a surprise snack for my husband:
Oreo's & Ice Cream-His fave :)
I hurried home, made myself another mushroom omelet, this time I added corn and topped it with salsa.  It was quite delicious.

Being that we've felt a little yucky lately, we've watched three movies in the past three days. This is NOT unusual for us as we LOVE to cuddle up and pop a new flick in. We have a RedBox within walking distance from our apartment...so we've definitely taken advantage of it.
  1. Sunday:
**Definitely worth seeing...I'm no history buff by any means, but it was definitely an intriguing movie.

  2. Monday:
**HAD to see this...I love the original (not as much as my mom does!) so I had to check it out. Even though it's not the original, I still loved!

  3. Tuesday:
**I didn't read the book like I had planned to, so I had no idea what to expect. It has some pretty graphic scenes, but this was the top movie out of the three we watched this week. I can't wait to read the book! Since The Hunger Games is coming out TONIGHT at midnight, I figured I better catch up with the rest of the world (something I've been wanting to do) and get the books! I just downloaded and can't wait to start reading :)

Although I'm still feeling a little groggy and tired, I hope to workout quick after work and then I'm off to get my hairs cut!!  Going to the salon is probably one of my top five favorite things to do.  Plus, it's been awhile since I've had a trim and with spring right around the corner, I need a fresh look.  I'm going to an Aveda concept salon in Davis (I don't swear by Aveda, but I do like their salons and products) and trying out a new stylist who is supposed to be good with curly hair!  I'll be the judge of that :)  I've been wearing my hair curly much more since getting home from the honeymoon in February.  Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment