Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Scrambled Eggs

I did NOT want to get out of bed this Monday morning.  Monday's are always rough for me as I am NOT a morning person and I wish the weekends (that are spent almost entirely with my hubby) would continue forever! Only in my dreams.

Thank goodness I've discovered Dutch Bros Coffee...
Large Chai Tea Latte for me...sprinkled with nutmeg and cinnamon...topped with whipped cream. Eases my way into the work week :) 

After work I stopped at the Nugget Market to pick up mushrooms for supper tonight.  Along with the fungi, I picked up some Honey Chipotle Salsa.
Jon and I haven't been able to find a fresh salsa from the store we like since we've arrived in California, but this was a winner!  It started out sweet, had a slight hint of barbeque (weird I know, but it was oddly addicting), and hit you with a HOT kick after.  Three flavors I can't turn down.

For supper, I tried out a Mushroom Omelet recipe that I received in my inbox from "The Sonoma Diet Daily."  I don't follow The Sonoma Diet completely, but I enjoy and mostly agree with the tips I receive daily.  Here's the recipe:

Mushroom Omelet

Here's a simple omelet you can enjoy anytime. If you don't like mushrooms, try adding the veggie of your choice!
START TO FINISH: 20 minutes MAKES: 1 serving
2 eggs
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
**I added:
-Handful of shredded spinach
1 Tablespoon of shredded cheese

1. In a small bowl, beat eggs, kosher salt, and pepper with a whisk until combined; set aside. In a medium nonstick skillet with flared sides, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and spinach; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove mushrooms from skillet; set aside.
2. Add remaining 1 teaspoon of oil to same skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet. Immediately begin stirring egg mixture gently but continuously with a wooden or plastic spatula until mixture consists of small pieces of cooked egg surrounded by liquid egg. Stop stirring. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds more or until egg mixture is set but shiny.
3. Sprinkle mushrooms, spinach, and cheese across center of the egg mixture. With a spatula, lift and fold an edge of the omelet over the center. Remove omelet from heat. Fold the opposite edge toward the center and transfer to a warm plate, seam side down.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 236 cal., 19 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 423 mg chol., 383 mg sodium, 2 g carbo., 0 g fiber, 14 g pro.

Here was the result: 
Maybe not the prettiest concotion (I'm working on my omelet skills) but it tasted delightful and filled me up!


Jon and I are working through Financial Peace University and reading The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.  I'm not a sales rep or anything for Dave Ramsey's products, but I can be a testimony that they are life changing!  The lesson we just finished was titled "Dumping Debt."  We've decided to attack this and commit to becoming debt free as fast as we possibly can.  Step #1: Cut up the credit card!  This is the one and only one we have...and really we barely used it.  BUT, we're doing everything necessary to take control of our income.
I know this is a bad picture...but I had to capture a moment that is going to hopefully change our financial future forever!

After we purchased goggles and swim cap, we headed to the gym.  I'm training for a half marathon, but I haven't decided which half marathon I will sign up for yet.  I'll decide that depending how my first few weeks of working out again goes.  I found a 10-week training plan that I'm modifying according to how my body feels.  I haven't worked out regularly since two weeks before my wedding (over 2.5 months ago) so I'm easing my way back into it to avoid injury.  

Tonight's routine: 45 minute fat burning circuit on the bike (while watching The Voice of course!)

1-10 min: Level 1
10-15 min: Level 2
15-20 min: Level 3
20-25 min: Level 4
25-30 min: Level 5
30-35 min: Level 4
35-40 min: Level 3
40-42:30 min: Level 2
42:30-45 min: Level 1

I felt rejuvenated and my legs are feeling like they got a wonderful workout in.  Time to hit the hay, I promised Jon I'd go for a swim with him at the gym before work in the morning...this will be a big feat for me if I ACTUALLY get out of my extremely comfortable and cozy bed! Gotta go pack!









No comments:

Post a Comment